Autumn is a time where the trees are ablaze with vibrant red, orange, and yellow leaves. It also marks a time for new Fall trends in fashion and makeup! So what are this season’s hottest makeup trends? From jewel tone to metallic finishes, here are some of the top trends that will help to sizzle your otherwise dull makeup routine for Fall 2014.
1. Jewel Tones for Eyes: Jewel tones for eyes can create that dynamic and distinctive look no matter what you’re wearing. These rich color tones that resemble gemstones, are sure to make your fall makeup pop! Some common colors being used this fall are emerald green, sapphire blue and amethyst purple.
2. Daring Brows: An often forgotten feature of your face, the eyebrows need to be dressed up too! To create a bold brow without the masculine look, choose a pencil color that’s close to your natural brow color and fill in your brow lightly and give it more of an arch shape. This will give you a dramatic, but feminine appearance that leaves you looking elegant and sophisticated.
3. Red Lips: The color of passion (red) is best placed on your lips and it just so happens to be a hot trend for fall! Not every shade of red goes with every skin tone, so when choosing a shade, choose wisely! Fair skin tends to mesh well with blue-red lipsticks (of course this can vary depending on hair and eye color), while orange-red lipsticks go well with darker skin that has warm undertones. For those who have medium skin color, true red is a good shade of red to try.
4. Metallic Touches: Metallic, glitter and all that shimmers is in for this coming autumn! You can add touches of metallic to your eyes, lips, and cheeks to give an edgy, yet irresistible look. Dress up your eyes with bold, metallic colors, and pair it with a shimmery lip gloss or lipstick.
5. Lengthened Lashes: Long, curvy lashes are in! Find a mascara that helps lengthen your lashes, curl them with an eyelash curler, put on a couple of coats of mascara and voila! You’ve got dramatic, lengthened lashes. Tip: If you find your lashes looking clumpy take an eyebrow brush and comb through your lashes to help separate them. If you don’t have an eyebrow brush just use an old toothbrush!
6. Smoky Brown: Black is out and brown eye-liner is in! Not just that, but smoky brown eyes look amazing this fall, giving you an easy luscious day to a dramatic night look.
7. Bare Minimum: Well not quite au naturel, but a popular makeup trend for fall goes with the saying, “less is more.” VirginN’s mineral makeup (link to product page) can give you that natural look without caking it on! Add a little more color with a light blush, a little mascara, and some lip gloss, and you’re good to go!
Here’s to an amazing fall makeup season!
P.S. Miss out on last week’s blog? Check it out here and see why all mineral makeups aren’t as pure as the packaging says!
P.S.S. Help spread the word about VirginN Mineral Makeup! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.